Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Construction super heroes

I want to be like these guys:


Not in the sense that I want to build a house just like that one (although it's nice - love all the windows for a place amongst the trees). But in the sense that they are so organised, to the point of seamless obsession.

Kyle and I watch Grand Designs a lot for tips, and long since came to the conclusion that successful builds are all about good planning (my dad tries to tell us that too, but we worked it out ourselves quite merrily). The build in this video looks so smooth and so seamless while its happening, but it doesn't show what I'm sure is months of meticulous planning and years of experience on the part of the build team. How else could all the trucks arrive just at the right time, even though they were delayed by rain at the start? How else could they know they'd need extra people to help part way through, and plan them in advance? These things seem effortless but I am quite convinced they are not.

1 comment:

  1. Did that post go through?

    Will say it again and shorter just in case.

    Love your work and be great if you two were up for a chat in real life. I am on a similar journey and hope we can help each other out.

    Chunuma@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete