Sunday, March 29, 2015

National Construction Code

I see all sorts of advice online about how to do this, or what the regulations are on that. It's terribly frustrating when you find contradictory sets of information, or not quite enough detail to replicate the process yourself. So I try and go straight to the rules themselves whenever I can as otherwise it's madness.

Which is why I have been particularly excited that the National Construction Code is now available free online. Yay! Previously it cost around $400, though I did get access to a copy through the local university library (I work at the Uni, so that's not as dishonest as it sounds). An open, online source of information makes it much easier for the owner builder to work out the requirements cheaply.

Now we just have to hope one day that Standards Australia does the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment